GUEST POST by jrbarch: There is a longing inside of every human being that we do not know how to label consensually. We call it the search for joy, contentment, clarity, knowledge, divinity, wholeness, truth, love-wisdom. No matter the label assigned, it is the same thing. But we cannot clarify the meaning this label masks. Mind jumps in, and like a used-car salesman announces, brashly: “Boy have I got a solution for you”. In this day and age, the solution is the political-economy, science, entertainment, and materialism – and there is nothing wrong with any of these, if manifest in harmony with and background to, existence. But mind has never been able to solve our quest. Our societies have never been able to fulfil our quest. Because it is the heart that needs to be fulfilled – not the mind. Mind will always be restless, creative, inquisitive, and have more questions than answers. The heart seeks but one answer, its focus is singular; and within that one answer, all other questions are resolved.
GUEST POST by jrbarch: To recap what was said about Mind, previously:
- Proper use of the mind is just as important as a healthy body and emotions
- The fourth noble truth of the Buddha embraced this in his eight-fold path
- There are great conditioning ideas that influence mankind
- Mind has a regressive tendency to crystallise, compartmentalise, and build walls between compartments
- Mind progressively, is essentially a light-bearer (the light of understanding)
- Mind receives impressions from the three worlds (physical emotional mental) and is rapidly thrown into thought-forms in response; but it also receives impressions from higher sources
- Mind and intellect are picture-makers; the real intelligence is the Observer or Self
- Mind is a screen on which is reflected an ‘interpretation’ by the persona of
- an impression the senses have generated or pattern the intellect has woven
- an impression thrown down by the Observer
- an impression from the formless world (abstract mind)
- Universal truths such as the existential material psychological and spiritual brotherhood of man and fatherhood of the Divine taught by the Christ, and four noble truths taught by the Buddha, resonate in every human heart – and are handed down to humanity, to germinate as does a seed; branching and descending further downwards into human nature, clothing themselves in the best of human thought possible, awaiting revelation as fact
- When mind fails, it fails altogether as fantasy and illusion, sociopathy and psychopathy; lying becomes the norm
- Without the heart, mind leads to darkness, bondage, oblivion
- In this sense, mind is the slayer of the Real
- The journey from the periphery of mind to the centrality of the human heart is human reality: – whether we know it or not, whether we are caught up in the affairs of the world or not
- Mind desires many things: – the heart is singular. Mind lives on vapour – the heart lives on substance
- Steps back to the center are recognisable in humanity and are the subject of this post
GUEST POST by jrbarch: There are three major fields of thought or areas, before our consciousness, present in the mind:
1. Science – including education
2. Philosophy – great conditioning ideas
3. Psychology – what is man essentially, and how does he function?
The first two deal with the proper use of the mind and intellectual faculty – the power of discrimination – so that correct knowledge arises from correct perception, correct deduction, and correct witness (accurate evidence). Governments around the world commit a grave crime against humanity by LYING in order to sustain their particular ideology. So does the advertising and entertainment industries. No parent would LIE to their children if they wanted their kids to grow up with a clear mind and right habitual use of the mental faculties; and to be in touch, inside of themselves, with a sense of integrity, dignity and self-respect, extending to others. People forget that it is our behaviour towards one another, based on the inclusivity and universality of the sense of self, that determines what happens in the world; the ideologies are not necessarily compelling. It depends upon whether or not we are willing to be slaves, to whatever mind says. Or to put it in other words, whether or not our relations with ourselves and others come from a deeper place, free of all ideologies, because they are centred in the greater reality of being.
I’m not sure how well known this is outside Australia, but a couple here claim to be Jesus and Mary Magdalene, soulmates who have reincarnated on earth as Alan John Miller (“AJ”) and Mary Suzanne Luck. Currently based in Kingaroy, Queensland, they teach a message of Divine Truth. I only became aware of the situation while browsing YouTube, where various hatchet jobs by current affairs TV shows can be found. Predictably, the shows portray the pair as dangerous, chilling cult leaders. Rather than provide links to these offerings (they are easily locatable on YouTube), I will allow the corresponding Wikipedia entry to suffice. It is actually no more informative than the TV shows, and about as hostile. So, finding myself none the wiser and by now intrigued, I decided to look into the matter.