Newcomers might find it helpful to read one or more of the posts listed below before others on this blog.
There is also a “short & simple” category of posts, intended especially for readers who are new to macroeconomics or perhaps a little rusty.
1. Welcome to heteconomist: MMT and the Crisis
2. Fiat Money and its Social Significance
3. Government Deficits and Net Private Saving
4. MMT in Simple Parables
5. Government Spending Under Alternative Operational Arrangements in a Nutshell
6. A Currency-Issuing Government Spends on its Own Terms
7. Significance of MMT for Progressives and the Left
8. Planned Investment/Saving and Keynesian Causation
9. Introduction to the Sectoral Financial Balances Model