Newcomers might find it helpful to read the posts listed below before others on this blog.
There is also a “short & simple” category of posts, intended especially for readers who are new to macroeconomics or perhaps a little rusty.
1. Welcome to heteconomist: MMT and the Crisis
2. Fiat Money and its Social Significance
3. Government Deficits and Net Private Saving
4. Thinking in a Macro Way
5. MMT in Simple Parables
6. Parable of a Monetary Economy
7. Unemployment is a Government Policy Choice
8. Full Employment and the Environment
9. What is ‘Productive’?
10. Fiat Money as a Way to Shift Resources to the Public Sector
11. Planned Investment/Saving and Keynesian Causation
12. Introduction to the Sectoral Financial Balances Model